SPID - Public Digital Identity System facilitate and allows you to access on-line services of local and central public administrations.
It can be used to get certificates, to access your electronic health record, to make healthcare reservation within the National Healthcare system – SSN or change your general practitioner or your kids’ pediatric, to pay school fees or make school enrollment, to get your INPS pension record or applying for family benefits, etc.
It is made by a username and a password (SPID credentials). There are 3 security levels to choose which may require further security system beside SPID credentials.
Three security levels are:
- the first level allows access to basic online services (you need only your SPID credential username and password).
- the second level allows access to online services that required an higher level of security (you need your SPID credentials along with a temporary OTP (one time password) access code or with an app supplied by the identity manager provider.
- the third level provides, in addition to the SPID credentials, the use of additional security solutions and any physical devices (e.g. smart cards) that are supplied by the identity manager provider.
Are you a Eu or Non Eu citizen currently living in Italy and you need to have SPID?
The basic requirements are:
- Having more than 18 years old;
- Holding a valid Italian identitification document (i.e. identity card which is issued ONLY to Non EU and EU citizens regularly resident in Italy and registered at the local Registry office – Ufficio Anagrafe of the municipality they live in as permanent resident)