In order to get the permit of stay for family, you need first the nulla osta/entry clereance for family to be requested to the local Prefettura through Family reunification online procedure (click here for more info).
How to apply?
When family members have been arrived in Italy, within 8 days, they must register at the Sportello unico Immigrazione at the local Prefettura to collect the request kit for family residence permit already filled out, Italian tax code (codice fiscale) and original copy of nulla osta/entry clereance.
Take with you a revenue stamp €16,00 for each request for residence permit, originals and copies of the family members’ passport.
Afterwards, the application, along with the additional documents (see below), must be sent at the Post office.
What documents are required for first application/renewal?
In the request kit to be sent at the Post office please add copies of:
- Copy of the visa
- Copy of the family member passport (ONLY pages with personal details, visa)
- Copy of the nulla osta/ entry clereance
- Copy of the residence permit (or the application' receipt of the post office) of the family member you want to join (the same person that has applied for your nulla osta/ entry clereance)
- postal giro slip of €40/50/100 depending on the duration of the permit
- a revenue stamp (marca da bollo) of 16€
- (for renewal only) documents that prove the family income (CU or modello UNICO)
- (for renewal only) if you have changed the address, copy of the registered rent contract and copy of “cessione di fabbricato” form
- (for renewal only) self declaration "Dichiarazione di mantenimento e abituale dimora" to be signed by the worker spouse.
For sending the kit you will be asked to pay additional €30 as postal fee.